NASA Voyager Golden Record 3xLP Box Set
- Three translucent gold 140 gram vinyl LPs in poly-lined paper sleeves
- Three heavyweight jackets, gold ink on black
- Full-color 96-page softcover book containing all images included on the original Voyager Interstellar Record, gallery of images transmitted back from the Voyager probes, and a new essay by Timothy Ferris, producer of the original golden record
- Gold foil print of Voyager Golden Record cover diagram, archival paper, 12" x 12"
- Voyager trajectories turntable slipmat, gold on black felt
- Full-color plastic digital download card for all audio of the Voyager Golden Record (MP3 or FLAC formats)
- Housed in a deluxe record box with pull-ribbon, gold ink on black
The contents of the record were selected for NASA by a committee chaired by Carl Sagan of Cornell University, et. al. Dr. Sagan and his associates assembled 115 images and a variety of natural sounds, such as those made by surf, wind and thunder, birds, whales, and other animals. To this they added musical selections from different cultures and eras, and spoken greetings from Earth-people in fifty-five languages, and printed messages from President Carter and U.N. Secretary General Waldheim.
"The spacecraft will be encountered and the record played only if there are advanced spacefaring civilizations in interstellar space." - Carl Sagan