Antique French Tanglement Puzzle c.1900 – "L'Etoile du Berger"
Regular price $72.00
Unit price per
Antique tanglement puzzle, circa 1900, from Paris, France.
L'Etoile du Berger (meaning "The Evening Star") features gorgeous box artwork and comes complete with the original instructions. The aim of the game was to disentangle the two pieces without bending the wires.
Known as "head breakers" or casse-têtes in France – these tanglement puzzles were considered games of skill, and now are mini collectible pieces of historic fun.
- Circa 1900; Paris, France
- Condition: Wear consistent with antique nature – please see pictures for details.
- Measurements: Box is roughly 3"W x 5.5"L *Please note dimensions. These are mini-sized.
- Materials: Paper box, wire puzzle
- *Game has not been tested due to its delicate nature and we cannot be sure of its original shape and state. We recommend as a collector's item / for decorative purposes only.